Winter Cereal Trust Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Winter Cereal Trust (WCT) initiated the bursary scheme in 2006 to financially assist students in the small grains research industry.
Research is essential in the agricultural production field, hence the reason for the creation of the bursary scheme.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The Winter Cereal Trust awards 10 bursaries to postgraduate students each year, as well as 3 bursaries to black students in their final year of undergraduate studies or studying towards an honours degree (planning to study postgraduate). Bursaries are awarded for fields of study relevant to the Small Grains Industry, for Masters and Doctoral qualifications.
Bursary award values differ according to the level of qualification and length of study:
R43 000/year for undergraduate/ Honours degrees (for a one year)
R52 000/year for MSc degrees (for two years)
R66 000/year for PhD degrees (for three years).
Students will be required to take up employment within the Small Grains Industry for an equal amount of time as their bursary awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Black student (Coloured, Indian or African),
- Studying towards a Masters or Doctoral qualification OR in final year of undergraduate studies/ studying towards an honours degree (and plan on studying towards a postgrad),
- Studying in a field related to the Small Grains Industry,
- Thesis topic to be approved by WCT,
- Mentor and Co-Promotor to be selected – to be approved by the WCT and university where studies will take place.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Winter Cereal Trust Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Matric subjects and exam results,
- Full tertiary academic record (on tertiary letterhead),
- Qualification certificates (certified copies),
- Full CV,
- Research proposal for research project,
- Motivational letter (why your research proposal will be valuable to the Small Grains Industry),
- Mentor’s letter of support,
- Mentor’s motivation letter for your research project,
- Co-Promotor’s letter of support.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
1ST Floor, Block C
INKWAZI OFFICE PARK
1249 EMBANKMENT ROAD
P O Box 7088
Interested students should also download and read the Winter Cereal Trust Bursary Info (pdf).
31 August 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Winter Cereal Trust Bursary Scheme Administrator: Peter Cownie
Tel: 012 667 1058
Alternatively, please contact the Winter Cereal Trust Administration
Tel: 012 663 1600
Fax: 086 617 9409
Awie Coetzee / Ishmael Tshiame
Mobile: 082 379 1451 / 082 440 0216
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com