South African Nursery Association Bursary 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
The South African Nursery Association (SANA) was founded in 1947 as a non-profit organisation, with the aim of representing the interests of the green/ nursery industry. SANA now also represents the ABSTA (Allied, Bulb & Seed Trade Association), GCA (Garden Centre Association), and the BPGA (Bedding Plant Growers Association).
SANA initiated the bursary programme to help students pursuing their studies in the Horticulture/ Horticultural Science field.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Horticultural Science (BSc/ BSc (Hons) MSc/ Ph.D Agric degrees)
- Horticulture (National Diploma/ Higher Diploma)
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Currently enrolled and studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Passed and completed at least 3 first year subjects
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the South African Nursery Association Bursary Application Form (doc format) OR the South African Nursery Association Bursary Application Form (pdf format).
Alternatively, you can obtain a copy of the latest application form at: http://www.sana.co.za/bursaries-training/
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full academic results record (on tertiary letterhead)
- October or November academic results
- Tertiary institution’s banking details
- Proof of registration in one the aforementioned fields of study (on tertiary letterhead)
- A completed South African Nursery Association Student Membership form
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: Michele@sana.co.za
2) Fax: 086 718 7268
Please note: applicants will undergo an interview process in February or March 2018.
20 January 2018.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
South African Nursery Association
Michele Edwards (Bursary Administrator)
Tel: 087 945 4621
Fax: 086 718 7268