Sasol Inzalo Foundation Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Sasol Inzalo Foundation aims to contribute to the economic growth of our country, by helping students develop skills within the science and engineering field.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary award covers the following expenses: tuition, prescribed books, accommodation and other miscellaneous study costs.
Students who intend on studying at a recognised South African university, towards a full-time B or BSc Engineering or BSc Natural Sciences degree are encouraged to apply.
Applicants must meet the following minimal criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Current Matric students must have achieved the following minimum marks in their June exams:
- 60% in English HL/ 65% English FAL
- 65% in Physical Science
- 70% in Mathematics
- 60% for all other subjects
- First year tertiary students must have achieved a minimum average of 70% for June exams
- Students who have passed Matric and have obtained entry into degree study, with the above minimum average marks may also apply,
- Students who have passed Matric with exemption and achieved a minimum “B” symbol for Mathematics and “C” symbol for Physical Science and English may also apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: http://www.sasol.co.za/sustainability/inzalo-foundation
The following documents will be required to support your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- A letter about your life (written by the applicant themselves),
- Two testimonials (one from an education official – principal or lecturer and the other one by a community leader),
- Matric results certificate (certified copy),
- Latest tertiary results (certified copy),
- Applicants who are not currently studying: include your most recent exam results (certified copy) and a letter explaining what you are doing in the current year.
30 September annually
For any bursary related queries, please contact:
The Bursaries Manager
Mr Johannes (Joe) Mcira
Tel: 011 403 1632
Fax: 086 560 5604
Please be sure to read the Bursary FAQ’s: http://www.studietrust.org.za/index.php/bursaries/bursary-applications/application-faq-s