Sanlam Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Sanlam was founded in 1918 – originally a life insurance company, today Sanlam is a financial services group with numerous subdivisions.
The almost 100 year old company is a prominent leader of the business landscape in South Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Sanlam are offering bursary awards to Actuarial Science students Those who have achieved excellent results for Mathematics, have good problem solving skills and can maintain discipline and focus should apply.
The Sanlam bursary will cover the following study expenses: tuition fees, actuarial board exam fees, accommodation fees, book allowance, travel allowance and pocket money.
Apart from financial aid, students will also receive the following:
- Vacation work opportunities and networking with Sanlam staff.
- Academic support and mentoring from actuarial professionals at Sanlam.
- Rotational work opportunities across various disciplines.
- A guaranteed employment position once graduated.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Enrolled and been accepted to study Actuarial Science in the upcoming year
- Achieved a minimum of 90% for Mathematics (for Matric and Grade 11)
- Achieved a minimum “A” overall average (for Matric and Grade 11)
- Possess good communication skills
- Have strong analytical abilities
- Adaptable to various situations
- Able to function independently
- Good problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Have order and accuracy
Note: Preference will be given to students from designated groups (Africans, Indians and Coloureds).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be done in either of the following ways:
Online application: https://goo.gl/qWEnej or https://www.sanlam.co.za/careers/Pages/bursaries.aspx
Email application: ActuarialBursaries@sanlam.co.za
Please submit the following supporting documentation when applying (either online or via email):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 year end results
- Latest Matric results OR Matric certificate if already completed Matric
- Curriculum Vitae
- Motivational letter (explaining the following: What does an Actuary do. Why you wish to study Actuarial Science. Why do you deserve to be awarded the bursary. Do you have the skills and will to become an Actuary. If you do not become an Actuary, what career will you pursue.)
30 June annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Sanlam Head Office
Tel: 021 947 9111