South African Association for Food Science and Technology (SAAFoST) Foundation Bursary 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
The South African Association for Food Science and Technology (SAAFoST) Foundation is aimed at increasing the knowledge of Food Science and Technology in the country. The SAAFoST support scientific research, educational activities, exhibitions, seminars, meetings, workshops, congresses and publishing papers.
The SAAFoST currently has approximately 2000 members across Southern Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students pursuing studies in the Food Science and Technology field. Bursaries will be awarded to students in their second year and onward.
The bursary award will cover tuition fees (up to an amount of R35 000/ annum).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen/ permanent resident (for a minimum period of 3 years before applying)
- A member of the SAAFoST (for a minimum period of 12 months before applying)
- Currently studying full-time within the Food Science and Food Technology field (undergraduate qualification)
- Achieved high academic results in current studies
- Will complete the qualification in the specified time period: 3 years for a Diploma or Undergraduate Degree (upto BSc (Hons) & 4 years for a BTech Degree
HOW TO APPLY
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document/ passport (certified copy)
- Passport sized photo (head & shoulders)
- Latest academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of tertiary registration for 2018
- Personal Statement (details on the application form)
- Reference Letter (details on the application form)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to the SAAFoST Membership Development Officer, in one of the following ways:
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Fax: 086 698 4784
*Please note, the hardcopy application pack must ALSO be posted to:
The SAAFoST Membership Development Officer
PO Box 35233
15 January 2018.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The South African Association for Food Science and Technology (SAAFoST)
Tel: 012 349 2788
Fax: 086 698 4784