NRF iThemba LABS Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
The National Research Foundation (NRF) of South Africa was established in 1999 to support and promote human capital development and research. The NRF has 3 major functions: to encourage an interest in technology & science, to facilitate research through the National Research Facilities and to support research and innovation.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within following fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering (BEng/ BTech/ National Diploma)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng)
- Mechanical Engineering (BEng/ BTech/ National Diploma)
- Mechatronics (BEng)
- Computer Science (BSc)
The bursary will cover full tuition fees. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted – if you do not receive any feedback, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Currently in second year of study in one of the aforementioned fields
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% for first year of study
- Strong academic record
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the NRF iThemba LABS Bursary Application Form (.pdf)
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Latest academic record/ transcript on tertiary institutions letterhead (certified copy).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted via email to: email@example.com (for attention: Ms S Dunge)
31 December 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 843 1000