HORTGRO Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
At HORTGRO, the company focus is on research and technology, production, transformation and markets in the deciduous fruit industry.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Agricultural Economics
- Entomology and Nematology
- Plant Pathology
- Research and Technical
- Soil/ Water Science
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees (up to a limited amount), accommodation on tertiary campus and prescribed books (up to a limited amount).
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying (or intend on studying) in one of the aforementioned fields,
- Studying (or registered to study) at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the HORTGRO Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy) OR latest results if currently in Matric,
- Latest academic results (on tertiary letterhead) if applicable,
- Proof of registration (on tertiary letterhead),
- Detailed breakdown of course costs, prescribed books and on campus residence/ accommodation,
- Parents/ guardians proof of income ID documents (certified copies),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income,
- Motivational Letter (on application form),
- Details of 2 contactable references (on application form).
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
PO Box 163
2) Hand delivered:
258 Main Road
15 August annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
HORTGRO Bursary Administrator
Tel: 021 870 2900
Fax: 021 870 2915