Citrus Academy Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Citrus Academy was established in 2005 and is a non-profit company, founded by the Citrus Growers’ Association (CGA) of Southern Africa as a way to develop human resources within the citrus industry of Southern African.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students studying towards an agricultural course, related to citrus production. Those studying towards agricultural qualifications such as: entomology and logistics will also be considered.
Bursaries will be awarded to students from their second year of study (no students will be funded for their first year of study)
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, stationery, meals, accommodation at the tertiary institution and research costs (for postgraduate students).
On completion of their studies, students will be required to take up employment within the citrus industry, for a period of time equal to their bursary award.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African/ Zimbabwean/ Swaziland citizen,
- Completed Matric,
- Studying an agriculture related qualification,
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution (College/ University/ University of Technology) within South Africa,
- Proven financial need.
*Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, female students and those who are disabled.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online at: http://citrusacademy.org.za/bursary-fund/apply-online
The following supporting documentation must be uploaded with your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Latest examination results,
- Any secondary education results,
- Current tertiary academic results record,
- Motivational essay explaining the following: why you wish to study further, your background in the citrus industry, how you will give back to the citrus industry and citrus enterprise when you have completed your studies (max 500 words).
30 September 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 031 765 3410/ 3412
The Bursary Fund Manager: Candice Burgin
The Bursary Fund Administrative Assistant: Londiwe Ngcobo