SAMRO Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Southern African Music Rights Organisation (SAMRO) was founded in 1961 with the aim of protecting the intellectual property of musicians. Today SAMRO represents over 12 000 musicians in Southern Africa.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students currently studying towards a diploma or degree qualification, majoring in Music.
Bursaries will be awarded to the value of R10 000 per applicant, for the payment of tuition fees.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South Africa/ Swaziland/ Botswana/ Lesotho citizen,
- Studying at a recognised South African University,
- Studying full-time (in second/ third/ fourth year/ honours/ doctoral/ masters degree) towards a diploma or degree majoring in music.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online at: http://www.samrofoundation.org.za/samro-musicBursaries.php by selecting the “Application Form” tab on the left side of the screen.
Please ensure that you have the following supporting documentation ready to upload to your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Proof of tertiary registration for the current year (on tertiary letterhead),
- Most recent tertiary exam results/ academic record/ transcript (on tertiary letterhead),
- Two reference letters (please ensure that your references read the reference letter guidelines),
- Masters and Doctoral must add: synopsis of your dissertation/ thesis (max 5 to 8 pages).
31 March annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 712 8417 / 8444
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org