Poliomyelitis Research Foundation Bursaries South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Poliomyelitis Research Foundation (PRF) was founded in the late 1940’s, as a non-governmental organisation to conduct research into the poliomyelitis (polio) disease.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
PRF have 5 postgraduate bursary opportunities for deserving students:
- BScHons Bursary
- MSc Bursary
- MSc Bursary Renewal
- PhD Bursary
- PhD Bursary Renewal
Masters students will receive 2 years of support, whereas PhD students wall receive 3 years of support.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen/ Permanent resident,
- Not employed full-time,
- Achieved a minimum overall mark of 60%,
*For the BScHons, preference will be given to previously disadvantaged students.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the relevant application form:
- PRF BScHons Bursary Application Form (word doc),
- PRF MSc Bursary Application Form (word doc),
- PRF MSc Bursary Application Form (Renewal) (word doc),
- PRF PhD Bursary Application Form (word doc),
- PRF PhD Bursary Application Form (Renewal) (word doc).
Complete and signed application forms, and supporting documentation must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Each bursary has 3 closing dates each year:
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Mrs Irma Latsky
Tel: 011 555 0395
Scientific Advisory Panel of the PRF
C/O the National Institute for Communicable Diseases
Private Bag X4