French Embassy Masters Scholarships South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Each year, the French Embassy award 20 Master scholarships for the duration of one French academic year. There are 2 types of scholarships to be awarded – M1 for students in their first year of their Masters degree and M2 for students in their final year of their Masters degree.
The bursary/ scholarship will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, flight tickets (return trip), Schengen visa fee, health insurance and a monthly stipend toward living costs.
The scholarship programme forms part of the commitment between South Africa and France to implement mutually beneficial partnerships between their universities, all the while creating a large network of professional and academic contacts.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South Africa or Lesotho citizen (International students may also apply if they have obtained a degree from a South African university)
- Current Bachelors or Honours degree must be complete by the time the student would depart for France
- Applied to study at a minimum of 3 French institutions
- Be in possession of a valid passport or be able to obtain a valid passport in time
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the French Embassy Masters Scholarship Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- Passport or ID document if you do not have a passport yet (certified copy)
- Degree Certificates and Academic Transcripts (from incomplete & complete qualifications) (certified copy)
- Acceptance letter from a university in France OR proof of application to at least 2 universities in France
- Motivational letter (maximum of 2 pages)
- Curriculum Vitae (maximum of 2 pages)
- Link to your chosen course of study
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
(please ensure that all attachments are in PDF format only)
24 March annually (at 17:00).
For any bursary queries, please contact:
University cooperation officer
Tel: 012 425 1721
Please ensure that you download and read the French Embassy Masters Scholarship Info and T&C’s (pdf).