Webber Wentzel Scholarship South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Webber Wentzel is one of the leading law firms in the country. The company has around 800 employees and specialises in Corporate law, Commercial law, Tax law, Banking & regulatory law and Dispute resolution.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Webber Wentzel have 10 scholarships to award to South African Law students, to the value of R40 000 each.
The scholarship will cover the following expense: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks and accommodation.
Students who excel in their studies, may be given the opportunity to be employed by Webber Wentzel as candidate attorneys, on completion of their studies.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying at a recognised South African tertiary educational institution,
- Registered to study penultimate year toward an LLB degree qualification,
- Maintain a minimum academic average of 65%,
- Strong academic results.
*Preference will be given to students who show academic excellence, as well as those from historically disadvantaged backgrounds and those in financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://leap.ly/webberwentzel17.
You will be required to upload the following supporting documentation to your online application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts (of LLB degree course) up until November of the current year of study
- Academic transcripts of any other undergraduate qualification and relevant qualifications
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse/ your own proof of income (latest payslips, sworn affidavits if unemployed, financial statements if self-employed)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse death certificates if deceased (certified copy) (if unavailable, submit sworn affidavits)
- Parents/ own divorce certificate if divorced (certified copy) (sworn affidavits if separated but not divorced)
15 January annually (applications open on 1 November).
For any queries, please contact:
Webber Wentzel Graduate Recruitment team
Graduate Recruitment Manager: Phindile Hlabangane
Tel: 011 530 5432
Graduate Recruitment Consultant: Nokwazi Sibiya
Tel: 011 530 5323