Webber Wentzel Scholarship South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Webber Wentzel is one of the leading law firms in the country. The company has around 800 employees and specialises in Corporate law, Commercial law, Tax law, Banking & regulatory law and Dispute resolution.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Webber Wentzel have 10 partial scholarships to award to South African Law students, to the value of R50 000 each.
The scholarship will cover the following expense: tuition fees, prescribed textbooks and accommodation.
Students who excel in their studies, may be given the opportunity to be employed by Webber Wentzel as candidate attorneys, on completion of their studies.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Studying at a recognised South African tertiary educational institution,
- Registered to study penultimate year toward an LLB degree qualification,
- Maintain a minimum academic average of 65%
- Strong academic results
*Preference will be given to students who show academic excellence, as well as those from historically disadvantaged backgrounds and those in financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Webber Wentzel Scholarship Application Form (pdf format)
You will be required to submit the following supporting documentation with your application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Academic transcripts (of LLB degree course) up until November of the current academic year
- Academic transcripts of any other undergraduate qualification and relevant qualifications
- Latest tertiary fee statement
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse/ your own proof of income (latest payslips if employed, sworn affidavits if unemployed, financial statements if self-employed)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse death certificates if deceased (certified copy) (if unavailable, submit sworn affidavits)
- Parents/ own divorce certificate if divorced (certified copy) (sworn affidavits if separated but not divorced)
Application forms and supporting documents must be submitted to: email@example.com (with the words “Scholarship Application” in the email subject line).
30 January 2018 (applications open on 1 November).
For any queries, please contact:
Webber Wentzel Graduate Recruitment team
Graduate Recruitment Manager: Phindile Hlabangane / Graduate Recruitment Consultant: Nokwazi Sibiya
Tel: 011 530 5432 / 011 530 5323