Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Attorneys Fidelity Fund is a statutory body founded and regulated by the Attorneys Act of 1979. The organisation was established in order to protect the public against loss by practitioners trust fund theft.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary award is valid for a maximum duration of 2 years at a recognised South African University, and the bursary value will be determined by the Fund’s Board of Control.
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria:
- One of the following degree qualifications: BA Law, B Comm Law, B Iuris, B Proc or similar degrees.
- OR successful completion of 2 years of the revised 4-year LLB curriculum.
*Preference will be given to students in great financial need, although academic results will also strongly be considered.
HOW TO APPLY
The latest application form, bursary letter and bursary rules must be downloaded from http://www.fidfund.co.za/bursaries/llb-study. Alternatively, you can request an application form via the email address below.
Please include the following supporting documents with your application form:
- Photograph (passport size), attached to the top right-hand side of the application form,
- South Africa ID document (certified copy) OR South Africa permanent residence (certified copy),
- Academic record official transcript (most recent),
- Testimonial by the Dean of your Faculty of Law.
Your fully completed (original) application form and documents must be
a) hand-delivered to:
Mr Shawn Africa
Attorneys Fidelity Fund
5th Floor Waalburg Building,
28 Wale Street, Cape Town, 8001
b) posted to:
P O Box 3062, Cape Town, 8000
Docex 154, Cape Town
*Faxed or emailed applications will not be considered.
15 August annually
For any bursary related queries, please contact Shawn Africa
Tel: 021 424 4608
Fax: 086 434 7299
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / LLBbursary@fidfund.co.za