Law Bursaries South Africa 2017- 2018
Lawyers are an essential part of society, they represent their clients in civil and criminal litigation in the courtroom. Some lawyers even speak for the “voiceless”, with many lawyers doing pro bono cases to help people who cannot afford legal fees.
Studying within the law faculty can lead the way to many different careers within the law profession – you can become an attorney, advocate, lawyer, jurist or a paralegal.
If law is your chosen faculty, why not apply for the bursaries below to help fund your studies.
GENERAL LAW BURSARIES FOR 2017 & 2018
A junior lawyer/ attorney will earn an average of R180 000 per annum, while a more experienced lawyer/ attorney can expect to earn an average of R210 000 per annum.
Lawyers with experience in litigation, complex litigation case management, contract negotiation and legal compliance generally earn higher salaries than their colleagues without these skills.
- ABSA Bank Bursary
- Allan Gray Orbis Fellowship Bursary
- Attorneys Fidelity Fund Bursary
- Bowman Gilfillan Bursary
- City of Johannesburg Bursary
- Cliffe Dekker Hofmeyr Bursary
- Department of Environmental Affairs Bursary
- Department of Tourism Bursary
- Department of Water & Sanitation Bursary
- Dept of Economic Development, Environmental Affairs and Tourism (EC) Bursary
- Ekurhuleni Metropolitan Municipality Bursary
- Fasken Martineau/ Bell Dewar Bursary
- FNB Fund Bursary
- Gauteng Dept of Roads and Transport Bursary
- Investec Bursary
- LegalWise Bursary
- Motsepe Foundation Bursary
- Mpumalanga Attorneys Council Bursary
- Mpumalanga Provincial Government Bursary
- NUMSA Bursary
- NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund
- Oasis Bursary
- PPS Bursary
- Pretune SIM Card Bursary
- Sasol Bursary
- South African Reserve Bank Bursary
- Standard Bank Bursary
- The Paul Mthimunye Bursary Fund
- Tim Mills Memorial Bursary
- TOTAL Bursary
- Webber Wentzel Scholarship