Okhahlamba Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Okhahlamba Local Municipality is situated in the KwaZulu-Natal province of South Africa, between the Free State and Lesotho.
It is a municipality within the Uthukela District Municipality, covering an area of almost 4000 km². The municipalities towns include Bergville, Winterton and Cathkin Park.
The main economic sectors within the Okhahlamba Local Municipality includes manufacturing, wholesale and retail trade, business services, real estate, insurance, finance, agriculture and tourism.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The Okhahlamba Municipality bursary will cover the following fields of study:
- Civil Engineering
- Agricultural Studies
- Town Planning
- Accounting (B.Com)
The bursary aims to cover ALL study related expenses.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Okhahlamba Municipality
- Completed Matric OR currently in Matric
- Studying or plan on studying full-time at a recognised South African tertiary institution
- Applied/ been accepted to study at a tertiary institution through CAO
- Must NOT be a Municipal Official or a Councillor/ or a biological relative of a Municipal Official or Councillor
- Proven financial need
HOW TO APPLY
Applications forms must be collected from the Okhahlamba Municipality Youth Development Office – contact details below.
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric June results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ statement of results, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Proof of application/ acceptance to study at a tertiary institution through CAO
- Proof of residential address (from traditional local authorities/ ward councillor)
- Parents/ guardians proof of household income (payslips if employed/ sworn affidavit if unemployed/ pension slips if on pension/ death certificate if deceased)
- Motivational letter supporting your application
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be hand delivered to:
Okhahlamba Local Municipality Youth Office (per the physical address below)
15 December 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Okhahlamba Local Municipality
Okhahlamba Youth Office
Tel: 036 448 8010
Tel: 036 448 8010
Fax: 036 448 1986
Physical address: 259 Kingsway Street, Bergville, 3350
Postal address: P.O. Box 71, Bergville, 3350