National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The National Film and Video Foundation (NFVF) is part of the Department of Arts and Culture in South Africa, created to ensure continued growth within the film, video and television industry. The NFVF provide funding for the training and development of future filmmakers.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary is aimed at improving training and development within the film and television industry, especially for students from disadvantaged backgrounds and those in financial need.
Please note that this bursary is not applicable to Acting/ Live Performance diplomas or degrees.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Registered (or provisionally registered) to study full time towards a Film/ TV degree or diploma (undergraduate or postgraduate),
- Registered (or provisionally registered) to study at a recognised tertiary institution (preferably a public tertiary institution),
- Hard working students with a passion for the film and television industry,
- Proven good academic results,
- Proven financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://nfvf.praxisgms.co.za/xaLogin/NFVF/reglogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fdefault.aspx
You will be required to “register an account”, thereafter you should “login” with your selected details and follow the application process.
The following supporting documents will be required for your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Latest academic results (certified copy),
- Letter of acceptance/ letter of acknowledgement of application from tertiary institution,
- Tuition fees breakdown for your qualification from tertiary institution,
- Parents/ guardians proof of income or financial support (payslips and 2 months bank statements/ proof of social grants: certified copies) OR if independent, your own proof of income (payslips and 2 months bank statements: certified copies),
- If you have another bursary/ loan, provide proof of this,
- Letter of motivation (one page).
7 October annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 483 0880