Masakh’iSizwe (WC Dept of Transport and Public Works) Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Department of Transport and Public Works of the Western Cape founded the Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme in early 2006, as a way to help students from financially disadvantaged backgrounds by funding their tertiary studies. The Masakh’iSizwe Bursary was implemented with the aim of bridging the gap for professionals in the engineering and built environment field.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Students studying within one of the following fields are welcome to apply for the bursary award:
- Construction Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Town and Regional Planning
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The bursary programme will cover the following expenses: tuition, prescribed textbooks, study materials, food and accommodation (or transportation). Upon graduation, students are required to work for the public service sector for the equal duration of their bursary award.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Accepted at one of the following universities: University of Cape Town/ Cape Peninsula University of Technology/ University of Stellenbosch.
* Preference to be given to female students, from disadvantaged backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Download the latest application form via the website: https://www.westerncape.gov.za/service/bursaries-transport-engineering-and-built-environment-masakhisizwe-bursaries
The following documents must accompany your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Parents/ Guardians ID document (certified copy),
- Parents/ Guardians payslip (affidavit if unemployed and death certificate if deceased),
- Proof of residence (account or utility bill),
- Proof of registration or application at one of the aforementioned tertiary institutions,
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Latest academic results (certified copy),
- Full course outline for upcoming year,
- Study cost estimate for upcoming year,
Application forms and supporting documents must be submitted via either of the following methods:
1) Fax: 021 483 2615
2) Hand delivered:
Masakh’iSizwe Bursary Programme
Department of Transport and Public Works
Private Bag X 9185
30 September annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Bursaries Programme Administrator
Tel: 021 483 9545 / 021 483 2963
Fax: 021 483 2615