Department of Rural Development and Land Reform Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Department of Rural Development and Land Reform (DRDLR) was established in 2009 and are responsible for the economic and social development of rural areas in South Africa. The DRDLR’s aim is to ensure that rural-residing South Africans have the same benefits and rights as urban-dwellers.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Geographic Information Science
- Land Surveying
- Town and Regional Planning
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Proven financial need,
- Currently in Matric/ passed Matric/ first year tertiary student,
- Current Matric/ past Matric students: obtained a minimum average of 60% in all subjects and a minimum of 60% for Mathematics and English,
- Students who intend on studying full-time or part-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study (National Diploma/ University Degree).
HOW TO APPLY
The latest application form can be downloaded from: www.ruraldevelopment.gov.za/vacancies/category/256-bursary-opportunities
The following documents must be submitting with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Grade 11 final results (certified copy),
- June results (of the current year) OR latest results if not currently studying (certified copy),
- Matric final results (if applicable) (certified copy),
- June or progress report (for current tertiary students) (certified copy),
- If you are employed: latest payslip,
- Proof of parents/ guardians income: latest payslips/ employment letter if they are employed, latest financial statements if they are self-employed, sworn affidavits if they are unemployed, death certificates if they are deceased.
Complete application form and all supporting documents must be submitted to:
Chief Surveyor General
Private Bag X 954
2nd Floor Rentmeester Building
31 December annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
National Office – General Information Desk
Mr Lucky Legodi
Tel: 012 312 8911