Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality is situated in the north-east of Mpumalanga and the south-east of Limpopo. It is in fact the largest local municipality within Mpumalanga (according to population size and land mass), and includes part of Kruger National Park.
The Municipality was named after the large herds of bushbuck found in the area during the 1880’s, as well as the ridge situated in the south-east of the municipality. Vegetables, cotton and tobacco are farmed within the countryside of this municipality.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Water Engineering
- Sound Engineering
- Quantity Surveying
- Urban and Regional Planning/ Town Planning
- Development Studies
- Computer Science
- Information Technology (IT)
- Accounting (BCom)
- Financial Management
- Public Management
- Tourism Management
- Agricultural Studies
- Social Science
- Youth in Development
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted by 10 February – if you do not receive any feedback by this date, regard your application unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- From a disadvantaged or poor family
- Completed Matric
- Studying or planning to study full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Reside within the municipal area of the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Bursary Application Form (pdf format).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document/ birth certificate (certified copy)
- Matric final results/ certificate (certified copy)
- Mid year exam results if applicable (certified copy)
- Acceptance letter from a recognised tertiary institution
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ affidavit/ pension receipt/ death certificate)
- Reference letter from your high school or someone in authority (not a family member)
- Proof of residence
- If disabled: proof of disability from a registered medical doctor/ hospital/ clinic
Complete application packs must be submitted to the Bushbuckridge Local Municipality Head Office, via one of the following methods:
Hand delivery: R533 Graskop Road, Opposite Mpumalanga Driving Licensing Testing Center, Maviljan Region, Bushbuckridge
Post: Private Bag X9308, Bushbuckridge, 1280
Alternatively, applications may be submitted to your closest Municipal Regional Office.
*Please note: emailed and faxed applications will NOT be considered.
12 January 2018.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Bushbuckridge Local Municipality
Tel: 071 675 9366
Tel: 013 799 1835/ 013 799 1845/ 013 799 1851/ 013 799 1857