Blouberg Municipality Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
The Blouberg Municipality was formed as the result of a merger between Bochum/ My darling TLC and the Northern District Council, in the year 2000.
The Municipality is located in the Limpopo Province, less than 100km from Polokwane and covers an area of more than 5000 sqkm. It is an area with the lowest income level in South Africa and has 118 settlements.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The Mayor’s Bursary by the Blouberg Municipality is intended for students who have completed Matric, are from a disadvantaged background and in need of funding for their tertiary studies.
Bursaries are awarded for 1 academic year at a time, and are renewable based on good academic performance.
The Blouberg Municipality bursary will cover the cost of the following expenses: registration and tuition fees, examination fees, prescribed equipment, prescribed books, prescribed study related materials, institutional residence and meals.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- From a disadvantaged/ indigent family
- Have a maximum monthly household income of R1,500
- NOT currently in possession of any other bursary funding for the same course of study
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Blouberg Municipality Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include copies of the following supporting documents with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate/ NTC3 results/ equivalent exam results (certified copy)
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (certified copy)
- Proof of indigent status by a Commissioner of Oath/ Traditional Leader/ Ward Councilor
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Hand delivered:
Skills Development Officer
Mogwadi – Senwabarwana Road
The Human Resources Manager
P.O. Box 1593
19 January 2018.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Blouberg Municipality
Tel: 015 505 7100