Bergrivier Municipality Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Bergrivier Municipality is based in the Western Cape province of South Africa and located within the West Coast District Municipality.
It is a local municipality that governs the towns of Velddrif, Piketberg, Porterville and surrounding rural areas and villages.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to the value of R30 000, to be used towards the cost of registration and tuition fees.
Bursaries will be awarded to students within the following fields of study:
- Internal Auditing
- Municipal Finance: Economics/ Supply Chain Management
- Scarce Skills: Electrical Material/ Technical Trades
- Safety Functions: Disaster Management/ Law Enforcement/ Traffic Services
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizens
- Studying full time towards a degree or diploma qualification at a recognised tertiary institution
- Studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Current tertiary students must have passed last year’s studies
- Reside permanently within the Bergrivier municipal area
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Bergrivier Municipality Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full Curriculum Vitae
- Motivation letter about why you think you deserve to be awarded the bursary (max 150 words)
- 2016 academic results: Matric certificate or Tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Proof of residence within Mountain River/ the Bergrivier municipal area
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (certified copies of latest payslips if employed or affidavit if unemployed)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be hand delivered to one of the following municipal offices:
-Aurora: Main Street, Aurora, 7325
-Eendekuil: Hoof Street, Eendekuil, 7335
-Piketberg: Kerkstraat 13, Piketberg, 7320
-Porterville: Mark Street, Porterville, 6810
-Redelinghuys: Voortrekker Street, Redelinghuys, 8105
-Velddrif: Voortrekker Street, Velddrif, 7365
Attention: Me A G Louw (Manager Human Resources Services)
Please note: faxed or emailed applications will NOT be accepted.
15 March 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Bergrivier Municipality offices
-Aurora: Tel: 022 952 1720
-Eendekuil: Tel: 022 942 1780
-Piketberg: Tel: 022 913 6000
-Porterville: Tel: 022 931 2100
-Redelinghuys: Tel: 022 962 1605
-Velddrif: Tel: 022 783 1112