Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Woolworths Holdings Limited is one of the largest chains of retail stores in South Africa, and Eat Out is a popular South African food-based website. Together, the two companies have joined forces to help one lucky students to pursue their culinary dream.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Woolworths TASTE magazine, along with Eat Out are awarding a bursary to a future culinary star. TASTE would like to make one students dream come true by allowing them to pursue their dream of becoming a chef. The selected student will train as a professional chef at either Silwood Cookery School, Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine or Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy for a year.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- 18 years or older,
- Able to start studies in January next year,
- Have basic prior professional kitchen working experience (coffee shop/ café/ restaurant) as an intern or employee,
- Have a stable home environment and transport to and from college,
- Must be able to cover the cost of your accommodation, transport costs, living expenses and other personal expenses which are not covered by the bursary,
- Must study at one of the following tertiary institutions (whichever is closest to you): Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy (Centurion); Silwood Cookery School (Cape Town); Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine (Hilton).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://taste.co.za/application-2018-woolworths-taste-eat-culinary-bursary/#form
2) Download and complete the Woolworths TASTE Bursary Application Form (.pdf).
The following items must be submitted with your application form (online applications will be required to upload their documents):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Portrait headshot colour photo (passort/ ID size)
- Motivational letter (max 200 words) about why you should be awarded the bursary
- Your answers to the 5 questions on the application form (to be answered on a separate piece of paper)
Complete application forms and all supporting documents must be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org (unless you have completed the online application).
Please note that if you have not received any feedback by 15 October at the latest, regard your application as unsuccessful.
31 July 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Taste Magazine – Samantha Charles
Tel: 021 417 1111