Woolworths TASTE & Eat Out Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Woolworths Holdings Limited is one of the largest chains of retail stores in South Africa, and Eat Out is a popular South African food-based website. Together, the two companies have joined forces to help one lucky students to pursue their culinary dream.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Woolworths TASTE magazine, along with Eat Out are awarding a bursary to a future culinary star. TASTE would like to make one students dream come true by allowing them to pursue their dream of becoming a chef. The selected student will train as a professional chef at either Silwood Cookery School, Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine or Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy for a year.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- 18 years or older,
- Able to start studies in January of the following year,
- Have basic prior working experience professional kitchen (coffee shop/ café/ restaurant) as an intern or employee,
- Have a stable home environment and transport to and from college,
- Must study at one of the following tertiary institutions (which is closest to them): Prue Leith’s Chef’s Academy (Centurion, Gauteng); Silwood Cookery School (Cape Town, Western Cape); Jackie Cameron School of Food & Wine (Hilton, KwaZulu Natal).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications can be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: http://taste.co.za/woolworths-taste-eat-out-culinary-bursary-2017/#form
2) Download and complete the Woolworths TASTE Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following items must be submitted with your application form (online applications will be required to upload their documents):
- ID document (certified copy),
- Portait colour photo (passort/ ID size),
- Motivational letter (of no more than 3 paragraphs) about why you should be awarded the bursary.
Complete application forms and all supporting documents must be submitted in one of the following ways (unless you have completed the online application):
1) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2) Post: Woolworths TASTE, New Media House, 19 Bree Street; Cape Town, 8001
3) Fax: 021 417 1243
31 August annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Taste Magazine – Samantha Charles
Tel: 021 417 1111