Tiso Foundation Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Tiso Foundation has provided tertiary funding to more than 50 students since its inception. The aim of the Foundation is to financially sponsor 20 students each year, who are studying towards national diplomas and degrees at accredited higher learning institutions in South Africa.
Bursary recipients also receive academic support and life skills training while they are studying, and once graduated, top bursary students are assisted with career opportunities by the Tiso Foundation.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields:
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Between 18 and 34 years old,
- Studying (or intend on studying) in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Studying (or intend on studying) at a University or University of Technology in SA,
- Achieved excellent academic results in Matric,
- Achieved a minimum average of 70% for Matric,
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% for latest tertiary results (if a currently tertiary student),
- From a historically disadvantaged background,
- Proven financial need,
- Passion and dedicated to their studies,
- Want to give back to the community,
- Black student (Indian, Coloured or African).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online at: http://tiso.devman.co.za/devman/web/bursary/
Please ensure that you have the following supporting documentation ready to upload to your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate OR latest Matric results (certified copy),
- Latest tertiary results, if current tertiary stduent (certified copy),
- Proof of registration/ acceptance at tertiary institution (certified copy).
30 September 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 784 4111
Fax: 011 784 4110