The Paul Mthimunye Bursary Fund South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Paul Mthimunye Bursary Fund was created in 2001, formally launched in 2003 and in 2005, began funding tertiary students.
The Bursary Fund is supported community members, the private sector, the Mpumalanga Provincial Education Department and the Steve Tshwete Local Municipality.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students within the following fields of study:
Please note: high school students will receive outright grants, while tertiary students will receive bursary loans.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Reside within the Greater Middelburg and Phola (Ogies) area
- From a financially needy family
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric with a Bachelors pass (exemption)
- Achieved a minimum average of 60% (level 5) for Accounting / Engineering/ Mathematics/ Physical Science/ Life Science
- Studying (or intend on studying) in one of the above-mentioned fields of study
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Paul Mthimunye Bursary Fund Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Current Matric students: Grade 11 year end results & latest Matric results
- Tertiary students: Matric certificate (certified copy) & latest tertiary results
- Proof of enrolement or acceptance to study at a recognised tertiary institution
- Proof of residence
- Proof of parents/ guardians income (latest payslips/ affidavit if unemployed)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
P.O. BOX 390
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Paul Mthimunye Bursary Fund (Mpumalanga office)
Tel: 013 242 1785