South African Road Federation Bursary 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The South African Roads Federation (SARF) is the point of contact between the South African road industry sectors, and assists with distributing skills via disciplines related to the sector.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- ROAD TRANSPORT ECONOMICS
- ROAD TRANSPORT MANAGEMENT
- ROAD TRAFFIC MANAGEMENT (Accident Investigation/ Financial Management/ Personnel Management/ Traffic Policing)
- ROAD ENGINEERING (Bridge Engineering/ Materials Construction Management/ Pavement Engineering/ Traffic Engineering/ Transportation Planning)
The SARF bursary will not cover all study expenses, it is only a supplement to assist students with tertiary fees.
Upon completion of their studies, students will be expected to take up employment within the South African road transport industry.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Studying at a recognised University or University of Technology in South Africa,
- Studying towards a qualification related to the road transport industry,
- Endorsed by the relevant academic authority at the students tertiary institution,
- Preference will be given to students studying towards a M. Tech, M.Sc or higher qualification,
- Preference will be given to full-time students,
- Preference will be given to members and employees of the SARF,
- Preference will be given to South African residents, however members of SADC countries can also apply through their Road Federation/ International Road Federation.
HOW TO APPLY
Students who meet the minimum eligibility requirements, can apply in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Post: P O Box 8379, Birchleigh 1621
3) Hand delivered: 48 Gladiator Street, Rhodesfield, Kempton Park
The following items should be included in your application pack:
- A covering letter (we have drafted the SARF Bursary Letter Example which students can download and edit, otherwise please feel free to write your own cover letter if you wish),
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Proof of tertiary registration (on tertiary institution letterhead),
- Latest tertiary results (on tertiary institution letterhead),
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Proof of SARF membership (if applicable).
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Office Administrator: Dianne Myles
Tel: 011 394 9025/ 1459