South African Weather Service Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The South African Weather Service (SAWS) is the official meteorological service provider in South Africa, under the Department of Environmental Affairs, as well as being a member of the World Meteorological Organization.
If you are interested in a career in climate change and weather service, why not apply for this fantastic bursary opportunity?
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Students who are currently studying, or intend on studying in one of the following fields are welcome to apply:
- Environmental Sciences
- Meteorological Studies
- Technology Studies
- Weather Observers
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary: registration, tuition and a monthly allowance.
Upon qualification, students are required to work for SAWS for the equal duration of the bursary awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Obtained good academic results for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- Currently studying (or intend on studying) full-time in one of the above fields
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the SA Weather Service Bursary Application Form(pdf).
The following documents must please accompany your complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy) (if you have Matriculated)
- Academic transcript/ record (certified copy) (if you are a current tertiary student)
- Any other merit certificates (certified copies)
- Covering letter/ motivational letter (max 1 page)
Application forms and supporting documents must then be posted or hand-delivered to:
The Chief Executive Officer
The South African Weather Service
Private Bag X097
Attention : Ms. N Tabata
18 October annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Ms Nomathamsanqa Tabata
Tel: 012 367 6028
Tel: 012 367 6016