PPS Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Professional Provident Society (PPS) of South Africa was established in July 1941 and is currently the largest group of graduate professionals in the world, with a total of more than 290 000 members.
PPS offer bursary awards to a selection of graduate professionals, who are studying full-time in their 4th year of study or postgraduate study within one of the preferred professions.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The cost of tuition and prescribed textbooks (within a specific budget) will be covered by the bursary programme.
Bursaries are awarded within the following fields:
- Human Resources Practitioner
- Political Analyst
ENGINEERING (with 4 year degrees):
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Doctors (belonging to the HPCSA)
- Industrial Psychology
- Nurses (with 4 year B.Cur degree)
- Occupational Therapist
- Speech and Hearing Therapist
- Farmer (with 4 year degree in agriculture)
- Land Surveyor
- Town and Regional Planner
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South Africa citizen or permanent resident,
- Registered to study at a South African university (4th year or postgraduate) in commerce/ engineering/ medicine/ science,
- Achieved a minimum average of 75% in previous years of study,
- Proven financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the PPS Bursary Application Form (pdf). Alternatively, you can request an application form via the contact details below.
The following documents must be submitted along with your complete application form:
- ID or passport (certified copy),
- Exam results (June) or latest (certified copy),
- Student account statement showing all fees paid up for previous years,
- Declaration of yours/ your families financial position (affidavit),
- Motivation letter describing where you would like to be in the future and why you should be awarded the bursary (word document, max 300 words).
Please send your application form and documents via fax or email: 011 644 9629/ email@example.com
15 January annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Fax: 011 644 9629