NYDA Solomon Mahlangu Scholarship Fund South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
Solomon Mahlangu was executed under the apartheid laws at the age of 23, after he was wrongfully accused of terrorism and murder. The scholarship fund was created in memory of this young man.
The scholarship fund was created with the aim of helping full time students pursue their studies, that are within the critical and scarce skills areas listed below.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
Scholarships will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Development Studies
- Supply Chain Management
The scholarship fund will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, prescribed books, meals and accommodation.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Between 14 and 35 years old,
- Studying (or intend on studying) full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Studying (or intend on studying) at a University or University of Technology in South Africa (not FET and TVET colleges),
- Proven financial need – household salary of under R15 000/month,
- Reside in a rural or semi-rural area.
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online at: http://www.nyda.gov.za/smsf/Pages/Applications.aspx
You may be required to upload the following supporting documentation to your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Latest Matric results,
- Proof of acceptance to study in one of the above fields, at an approved tertiary institution (on tertiary letterhead),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips if employed/ affidavit if unemployed/ proof of pension income or grant/ death certificate if deceased).
15 January annually.
For any scholarship queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 200 0476