NUMSA Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The National Union of Metalworkers of South Africa (NUMSA) was established in 1987 when it merged 4 different unions: UMMAWOSA, NAAWU, MAWU and MICWU.
Today, NUMSA is the largest trade union in the country with over 338 000 members.
NUMSA is offering bursary awards to help students that are dependants of a NUMSA member or a staff dependant, to help pursue their tertiary studies.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students within the following fields of study:
- B Education (majoring in Science and Mathematics)
- B Com (majoring in Accounting, Financial Management and Auditing)
- Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
- BSc or B Eng (Engineering diploma or degree: Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Industrial, Metallurgical, Mechanical)
- Computer Science/ Information Technology
- Biomedical Technology
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- A dependant of a NUMSA member or staff dependant,
- Proven financial need,
- Currently studying (or intend on studying) full-time at a University or University of Technology,
- Currently studying (or intend on studying) in one of the aforementioned fields of study.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Numsa Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following documents must accompany your complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- ID document of the NUMSA member (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips),
- Passport sized colour photo (to be attached to the application form),
- If you are in Matric: Latest academic progress record & academic record for previous 2 years (certified copies),
- If you have already completed Matric: Matric certificate (certified copy),
- If you are a tertiary student (first year): Matric certificate & latest tertiary academic report (certified copies),
- If you are a tertiary student (second year onwards): Matric certificate & all tertiary academic records (certified copies).
Complete application forms and all supporting documentation must be posted to:
Mbuyi Ngwenda Bursary Fund
PO Box 787352
(No emailed or faxed applications will be considered)
30 September annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Bursary Office (Gezile)
Tel: 011 783 3578