Nestlés Future Talent Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Nestlé was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestlé, a Swiss pharmacist. In the 1870’s, the brand arrived in South Africa and today has over 3100 employees across the country.
Nestlé is the top nutrition, wellness and health company across the globe. Some of our favourite foods are manufactured by the brand, including chocolate bars, cereals, ice cream, bottled water, baby food and even pet food.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The NFT (Nestlé’s Future Talent) Bursary scheme is available for children of Nestlé employees, as well as external students based on specific eligibility criteria. The reason for the implementation of the bursary scheme is to help address the skills shortage in South Africa, as well as to ensure continuity of Nestlé’s talent needs.
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Food Technology
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resources
- Sales & Marketing
Students are expected to maintain a minimum average of 65% during the year and must submit semester results when applying for bursary renewal for the next year of study. Applicants are also urged to make payment for their registration, for which they will be reimbursed when awarded the bursary scheme.
Applicants must ensure that they have read and agreed to the Nestle Bursaries Terms and Conditions (PDF) before applying.
Students must meet the following minimum criteria before their applications will be considered:
- South African Citizen,
- Between 17 and 25 years old,
- Have obtained a Matric Certificate with minimum “C” average (60-69%) (preference will be given to students who have done Business Studies, Accounting, Mathematics and Science)
- Current tertiary students must have achieved and maintained a minimum average of 65% for the current year
- Registered full-time at a recognised tertiary institution.
HOW TO APPLY
Application can be done in one of the following ways:
1) Online at: https://www.milo.co.za/bursaries/
You will be required to upload your scanned supporting documentation with your online application.
Application forms and supporting documents must then be emailed to: NestleFuture.TalentBursaries@za.nestle.com
Please include the following documents with your complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Latest academic results (if in Matric the latest school report),
- Confirmation of registration at tertiary institution,
- Full transcript of results (if student was on bursary in the previous year),
- Original quote/ tax invoice of course costs,
- Original quote/ tax invoice for textbooks,
- Tertiary institutions banking details (on letterhead).
31 September annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact Nestlé South Africa
Tel: 011 514 6000