Mercedes-Benz Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Mercedes-Benz was founded in Germany in 1926 by Karl Benz and Gottlieb Daimler, but the true history of the company dates all the way back to January 1886 when Karl Benz created the first petrol-powered car.
Mercedes-Benz are a German automobile manufacturer known for their luxury vehicles, and today they are one of the most widely recognized automotive brands in the world.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Mercedes-Benz have a vested interest in sustainable development, hence the creation of the Bursary Programme. The bursary aims to fund high achieving student who lack funds to support their own studies.
The bursary will be awarded to within one of the following fields:
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/ Electronics Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Human Resources
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: tuition expenses, food and textbooks. Students will be required to work at the Mercedes-Benz in East London during holidays.
Bursary recipients are also able to join the MBSA Graduate Development programme once they have completed their studies.
If you have not received any feedback on your application by 30 April 2018, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifying criteria before applying:
- South African citizen OR South African permanent resident
- Currently in Matric OR have completed Matric
- Studying or plan on studying full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Excellent Grade 11 year end results (if currently in Matric) OR excellent Matric year end results (if currently at tertiary level)
- Engineering students: received distinctions for HG Mathematics and HG Physical Science (advantageous)
- Minimum results of 65% for current tertiary students
- NOT an employee of the Mercedes-Benz South Africa Group of Companies
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://daimler.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobdetail.ftl?job=MER0000BN1
Before you can apply, you will be required to register an account at: https://daimler.taleo.net/careersection/iam/accessmanagement/login.jsf
Once you have registered an account with an email address and password, login and proceed by uploading the following supporting documents:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Grade 11 final results, if currently in Matric (certified copy)
- Matric certificate, if completed Matric (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- CV (preferably in pdf format)
26 January 2018.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Mercedes-Benz South Africa
0800 133 355