Imam Abdullah Haron Education Trust (IAHET) Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
The Imam Abdullah Haron Education Trust (IAHET) was established in 2005 in memory of the late Imam Abdullah Haron, killed in police detention in 1969 after fighting against the Apartheid regime.
Since its inception, the IAHET has provided over R1.5 million of funding to deserving tertiary students.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The IAHET bursary is aimed at students of all races, genders and religious beliefs. Bursaries will be awarded to students enrolled at tertiary institution, in all fields of study.
For the academic year 2018, 30 partial bursaries will be awarded, to the value of R10 000 each. This funding is aimed at helping students cover the cost of transport, prescribed books and subsistence.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited to attend an interview. Should you not receive any feedback on your application within 6 weeks of the deadline, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen or legal immigrant,
- Enrolled at a tertiary institution in South Africa,
- Studying towards a tertiary qualification,
- In financial need.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the IAHET Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following documents in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate OR results statement (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at University (on tertiary institution letterhead)
- Academic transcripts (on tertiary institution letterhead) (2nd and 3rd year students only)
- Proof of parents/ household income
- Motivational letter written by student in support of bursary application.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be posted to:
Imam Abdullah Haron Education Trust
PO Box 44506
23 March 2018.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
The Imam Abdullah Haron Education Trust (IAHET)
Fatiema Haron Masoet
Tel: 083 367 8176