De Beers WorleyParsons Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
WorleyParsons Limited was founded in 1971 as an Australian engineering firm. The company provides project delivery and expertise services in the construction, procurement and engineering sectors.
WorleyParsons are awarding bursaries to students who are studying in fields relating to the companies service sector. The aim of the bursary is to assist students with gaining the correct knowledge and skills needed within the economy.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Engineering Geology (specialising in Geotechnical Engineering or Rock Engineering)
- Mining Engineering (specialising in Mine Planning)
- Mining Engineering (specialising in Rock Engineering)
- Mining Engineering (specialising in Mine Ventilation)
Shortlisted applicants must take part in an interview and psychometric assessment. A final decision will be made and communicated to successful candidates by 8 December.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric,
- Achieved a minimum APS 5 pass rate for Science and Mathematics in Matric,
- Achieved a minimum N3 for Science and Mathematics,
- Un-bonded (not in receipt of any other bursary funding),
- Studying within one of the aforementioned fields of study (first to third year of study),
- Studying at a recognised South African tertiary institution,
- Completed first year of study with a minimum average of 60% and not failed any subjects.
*Preference will be given to HDSA/ previously disadvantaged students, as well as students from Limpopo.
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet the entry criteria, please apply by writing to: CHQ.InternalCommunication@debeersgroup.com
(marked for the attention of Lynn Berowsky)
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Full academic record/ transcript,
- Proof of birth place or municipal account,
- Curriculum Vitae.
2 October 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact: