Tau Lekoa Gold Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Tau Lekoa Mine is based in Orkney, in the North West province of South Africa.
The Tau Lekoa operation includes a twin-shaft system, and utilises a scattered mining method due to the geologically complex orebody in the Tau Lekoa mine.
The ore mined at Tau Lekoa is treated and processed to prepare it for gold extraction at the Kopanang gold plant.
Ore mined by Tau Lekoa is processed and treated in preparation for gold extraction at the Kopanang gold plant. In February 2009, Anglogold Ashanti agreed to sell Tao Lekoa to Simmer and Jack mines.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Tau Lekoa Gold Mining will be awarding bursaries to students with excellent academic record – preferably students in their first/ second or third year of study.
The bursary will be granted to students in the following mining related fields of study:
- Mining Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (heavy current)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Extractive Metallurgy
Shortlisted applicants must undergo interviews and assessments before selection can take place. If you have not heard back from Tau Lekoa Gold Mining by 13 October at the latest, regard your application as unsuccessful.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Achieved a minimum of 60% for all Matric subjects
- Achieved a minimum of 60% for all major subjects (if currently a tertiary student)
- Studying (or intend on studying) in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- In financial need
*Preference will be given to students who reside near the Tau Lekoa Gold Mine/ Klerksdorp area
HOW TO APPLY
Students who meet the minimum eligibility criteria must apply by emailing:
Mrs Alet Schoeman (Skills Development Facilitator)
(or you may use the Fax2email service: 086 621 7988)
Please ensure that you attach copies of the following documents when applying:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Latest tertiary academic results: if applicable (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ provisional admission at a University
- Shortened Curriculum Vitae
31 July 2017.
For further bursary information, please contact:
Tau Lekoa Gold