South African Institute of Electrical Engineers Bursary 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The South African Institute of Electrical Engineers (SAIEE) was established in 1909. They are an association representing electronic and electrical engineers, technicians and technologists in Southern Africa. Over a century later and SAIEE has around 6000 members who professionally engage in engineering activities, including manufacturing; electronics; academic research; mining; telecommunications; power infra-structural services and measurement and control.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students who are currently studying (or intend on studying) an Undergraduate diploma/ degree, within one of the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Computer Engineering
Only tuition fees and a set amount for prescribed textbooks will be funded by the bursary scheme.
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Completed Matric,
- Achieved a minimum of 70% for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric,
- Studying (or intend on studying) at a South African University or University of Technology,
- Studying (or intend on studying) towards one of the aforementioned qualifications.
HOW TO APPLY
Alternatively, please obtain the latest application form at http://www.saiee.org.za or by contacting the SAIEE secretary (011 487 3003).
The following supporting documents must accompany your complete application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric results certificate (certified copy) – to be submitted by 14 January,
- Parents/ guardians statement (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (latest payslips/ commissioner of oath letter of confirmation if they are unemployed),
- Motivational letter
- If currently studying, include a detailed outline of the courses completed and a recommendation letter from your University/ University of Technology.
Complete application forms and supporting documents must then be posted to:
P O Box 751253
30 October 2017.
For any bursary related queries, please contact:
The South African Institute of Electrical Engineers
Tel: 011 487 3003
Fax: 011 487 3002