Siemens Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Siemens is a provider of engineering products, solutions and systems for Automation, Electrification and Digitalization fields.
Within the last 10 years, Siemens has investing more than R180 million to the training of students (particularly those from disadvantaged backgrounds
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Electronic Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
- Industrial Engineering (BEng/ BSc)
The following expenses will be covered by the Siemens bursary programme: registration fees, tuition, examination fees, prescribed books, computer allowance, accommodation in residence, meals and a pocket money allocation.
Bursary students will also be required to work for the company on completion of their studies, for an amount of time equal to the bursary award.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Studying full-time in one of the aforementioned fields,
- Studying at a recognised university in South Africa,
- Achieved high academic results.
*Preference will be given to students from previously disadvantaged backgrounds.
HOW TO APPLY
Students who meet the above qualifying criteria, who would like to apply, must do so by writing to:
Private Bag X71
*Please note: applications are accepted from 1 March annually, until the closing date.
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- A covering letter (we have drafted the Siemens Bursary Covering Letter which students can download and edit, otherwise please feel free to write your own cover letter if you wish),
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric students: latest Matric results AND proof of acceptance into tertiary institution (on tertiary letterhead),
- Tertiary students: Matric certificate (certified copy) AND full academic record/ transcript (on tertiary institution letterhead),
- Curriculum Vitae.
31 July annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 652 2000