SAWISE Angus Scholarship South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Association of South African Women in Science and Engineering (SAWISE) was formed with the aim of strengthening the role of females within the science and engineering faculty in South Africa.
The Scholarship fund is intended to financially aid female Honours students.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Scholarships will be awarded to female fourth year students within the Engineering/ Science field, to the value of R10 000 per annum.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- Sub-saharan black female student (preferably South African),
- In the fourth year of study/ Honour student,
- Achieved a minimum of 70% in selected subjects,
- Bursary recipients will be required to become a member of SAWISE.
HOW TO APPLY
The latest application form can be downloaded online at: http://www.gssa.org.za/?p=326 OR http://www.sawise.org.za/scholarships
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Up-to-date official academic transcript,
- Motivational Letter (approx. 350 words),
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Proof of acceptance to study at tertiary institution.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
SAWISE Angus Scholarships Committee
PO Box 34085
30 November annually
For any bursary queries, please contact: