SAPREF Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
SAPREF are a joint venture between 2 companies: Shell SA Energy & BP Southern Africa. They are the biggest crude oil refinery company in Southern Africa, doing a refining capacity of approximately 8.5 million tones per annum (35% of South the refining capacity in SA).
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary will be awarded within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
The bursary will cover the following expenses: tuition fees, accommodation in university residence, textbooks and practical work experience determined by the university.
Bursary recipients will be required to work for SAPREF during their holidays, allowing students to gain invaluable practical working experience and to familiarise themselves with the company.
Once students have completed their studies, they may also be required to take up full-time employment at SAPREF for a period of time equal to that of the bursary award.
Bursary applicants will take part in a series of panel interviews and tests before selection is complete.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Achieved an exemption in Matric
- Enrolled (or have been accepted to study) in one of the aforementioned fields of study at a recognized university in South Africa
- Studying full-time towards their selected degree qualification
HOW TO APPLY
Students who meet the minimum entry criteria can apply in writing to:
The Recruitment Advisor
P O Box 26312
Please include the following documentation in your application pack:
- Covering letter
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of university acceptance (on tertiary letterhead) OR latest university results (on tertiary letterhead)
31 August annually.
(Please apply between May and August)
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 031 480 1911