Sappi Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
In 1936, South African Pulp and Paper Industries (SAPPI) Limited was founded as a producer of paper products, pulp, as well as forest and timber products. Today Sappi has its headquarters in Johannesburg and employees more than 12 800 people.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The Sappi bursary is aimed at talented, innovative students. Applicants that meet the qualifying criteria will be interviewed before bursaries are awarded.
The bursary programme is intended for current undergraduate students/ grade 12 students who intend on studying or are currently studying within the following fields:
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- MSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Forestry
- National Diploma: Forestry
Interviews will be held from the months of October to December.
Applicants must meet the following minimum criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Between 18 and 25 years old,
- Studying or intending on studying full-time at a South African accredited university,
- Minimum average of 70% in Mathematics and Physical Science, and 65% in English,
- Qualify for university entrance/ confirmation of acceptance,
* Preference will be given to students with an average of 75% or more Physical Science and Mathematics.
HOW TO APPLY
Download the latest application form via the Sappi website: https://www.sappi.com/bursaries-and-scholarships
The following supporting documentation should accompany your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Motivation letter/ covering letter,
- Matric/ Grade 12 students: mid year results,
- Current university students: Matric certificate and tertiary academic transcripts,
- Proof of tertiary registration,
- Proof of parents/ guardians household income.
Applications must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
The ETQA Manager
Sappi Southern Africa Limited
PO Box 31560
3) Hand delivered to a Sappi HR Department
30 September 2017 (applications open in August annually).
For any bursary related queries, please contact
Tel: 011 407 8111