SANRAL Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The South African National Roads Agency Ltd (SANRAL) was founded in April 1998, with the aim of maintaining and developing the growing road network in South Africa.
SANRAL has since initiated a bursary scheme as a means of developing skill sets of students within the Civil Engineering industry.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the field of BEng or BSc Civil Engineering.
The bursary award will cover the following study expenses: tuition, registration, prescribed books, equipment, compulsory excursion and seminars, accommodation, food and a living allowance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Have NOT failed any subjects in the current year of study,
- Must NOT currently have any other bursary or financial assistance from another institution,
- Currently registered or planning to register to study at a South African recognised Tertiary Education Institution,
- Current Matric students must achieved a minimum average of 70% for English, Physical Science and Mathematics,
- Preference will be given to disadvantaged students, who have completed their 1st year of study (undergraduate) or registered for 2nd to 4th year or postgraduate studies. First year applicants, studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study should also apply,
- First year students currently studying in the field of Civil Engineering (Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Engineering degree) may also apply if they submit strong motivation with their application.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the SANRAL Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following items are to be submitted with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (recent payslips),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Recent academic record (certified copy),
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary (written and signed by the applicant),
- Proof of registration at tertiary institution.
The above listed supporting documents and complete application form must delivered to:
1 Havenga Street
(For attention: Ms. H.A Harper/ Ms R Erasmus)
30 September 2017.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 021 957 4600