SANRAL Bursary 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The South African National Roads Agency Ltd (SANRAL) was founded in April 1998, with the aim of maintaining and developing the growing road network in South Africa.
SANRAL has since initiated a bursary scheme as a means of developing skill sets of students who wish to pursue a career in the Civil Engineering and Road Infrastructure Administration industries.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Students currently studying or intending to study in one of the following fields are encouraged to apply (BSc. or B.Eng):
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering/ Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Transport Science
The bursary award will cover the following study expenses: tuition, registration, prescribed books, accommodation, food and a living allowance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Have not failed any subjects in the current year of study,
- Current Matric students must achieve a minimum average of 70% for English and 75% for Physical Science and Mathematics,
- Registered (or intend on registering) at a recognised South African tertiary institution.
*Preference will be given to disadvantaged students, who have completed their 1st year of study (undergraduate) or registered for 2nd – 4th year of study (postgraduate). First year applicants, studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study should also apply.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the SANRAL Bursary Application Form (pdf).
The following items are to be submitted with your application form:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Parents/ guardians ID documents (certified copies),
- Parents/ guardians proof of income (recent payslips),
- Matric certificate (certified copy),
- Recent academic record (certified copy),
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Motivational letter explaining why you deserve the bursary (written and signed by the applicant),
- Proof of registration at tertiary institution.
The above listed supporting documents and complete application form must be posted to:
Corporate Services Executive
PO Box 415
30 November annually (applications open on 1 August annually).
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Northern Region: 012 426 6200
Eastern Region: 033 392 8100
Southern Region: 041 398 3200
Western Region: 021 957 4600