SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Scheme South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
The South African Institution of Civil Engineering (SAICE) is a society of approximately 8000 members, of not just civil engineers but also technologists and technicians.
The SPEBS (SAICE Patrons Engineering Bursary Scheme) bursary scheme was founded in 1992 and is administered by the South African Institution of Civil Engineering, to financially assist academically deserving students.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to those studying towards a Civil Engineering Degree or National Diploma.
The bursary fund is currently awarded to a maximum value of R5,000 per student/ semester – this funding is intended to assist students with paying for registration fees, tuition and prescribed books.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Studying towards a Civil Engineering qualification (Degree or National Diploma)
- Passed and completed all previous subjects
- Degree students: must have passed first year exams – the bursary will sponsor second, third and fourth year students
- National Diploma students: must have passed S1/ first level exams – the bursary will sponsor S2, S3 and S4 students
- Studying at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
- Proven financial need
- Good academic record
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the SPEBS Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record to date (certified copy)
*Proof of tertiary registration (certified copy) will be required by successful applicants – bursary candidates will be notified in March and September annually.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
SAICE – SPEBS Desk
Private Bag X200
First semester: 31 January 2018.
Second semester: 31 July 2018.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
SAICE – SPEBS Desk
Fridah Mahlangu / Denver Siebritz
Tel: 011 805 5947
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org