Petra Diamonds Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Petra Diamonds Ltd is a diamond mining firm, with operations in South Africa, Botswana and Tanzania. The firm is one of the largest diamond producers in Africa.
Petra Diamonds are providing study opportunity for South African students, as a means to increase the skill and qualification base of the country.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students who are currently studying (or intend on studying) within one of the following fields:
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary award: tuition, accommodation, meals, cash and travel allowance.
Students will be required to take part in practical vacation work during December and January, and once graduated, work for Petra Diamonds for a period equal to their bursary award.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South Africa citizen,
- Interested in working in the Mining industry,
- Current Matric students: must achieve university exemptions, and a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics and Science,
- Current tertiary students: must have proven high academic results in their field of study,
- Students may be required to relocate to rural areas (mining areasa).
HOW TO APPLY
You may apply in one of the following ways:
Online at: http://www.careerwise.co.za/index.php?pg=application_forms
(You will need to register an account and then login to complete your application. The promo code to be used is: F2017)
By downloading and completing the Petra Diamonds Bursary Application Form (pdf).
If you are applying via the application form, your application must be submitted in one of the following ways
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Fax: 086 609 7183
Career Wise (Pty) Ltd
PO Box 30632
You will be required to submit copies of the following supporting documentation (if you are applying online: these documents must be uploaded to your online profile, if you are applying with the application form: you must attach copies of the documents and not originals):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Photograph (passport size)
- Grade 11 final results (current Matric students)
- Proof of admission into a tertiary institution (current Matric students)
- Matric certificate (if completed Matric)
- Full academic record to date (current tertiary students)
30 May annually
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 086 100 8777 / 086 100 7787
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com