National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) Bursary 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The history of the National Metrology Institute of South Africa (NMISA) dates back to 1947. NMISA’s mission is to provide fit-for-purpose measurement standards to the industry, environmental, health and safety sectors of SA.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study (undergraduate and postgraduate):
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Materials Science
- Mechanical Engineering
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition, prescribed textbook allowance and residence fees.
Over and above these monetary benefits, students will also be given an opportunity to work at NMISA during vacations to gain working experience.
Once students have graduated, they will be required for work for NMISA for the same amount of time as the bursary awarded.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Academic merit/ high academic achiever,
- In financial need,
- Registered to study full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study,
- Registered to study at a recognised university in South Africa.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the NMISA Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Current Matric students: Grade 11 final results AND Matric latest results,
- Current tertiary students: Matric certificate (certified copy) AND latest academic results,
- Full CV,
- Motivational Letter explaining why you deserve the bursary award and would like to work for the company.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted in one of the following ways:
1) Email: email@example.com
2) Fax: 086 756 3451
Private Bag X 34
31 July annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
National Metrology Institute of South Africa
Tel: 012 841 4704