Lonmin Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSARY PROVIDER
Established in May 1909 in the United Kingdom as Lonrho plc (London and Rhodesian Mining and Land Company Limited), today known as “Lonmin plc” and operating in South Africa. Lonmin is a British company that produces platinum group metals.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary scheme was initiated to try assist students in attaining mining/ mining-related qualifications at university level, and thereby increasing skills within the mining sector.
Students will be required to take part in 8 weeks of vacation work at Lonmin each year, to allow students to gain practical working experience.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted soon after the application deadline. If you have not received any feedback from Lonmin within 30 days of the application closing date, please regard your application as unsuccessful.
The bursary is aimed at students who intend on studying in one of the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Analytical Chemistry
- Medical Doctor
Applicants must meet the following minimal qualifying criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Achieved a minimum of 60% for Mathematics in Matric
- Achieved a minimum of 60% for Science in Matric
- Studying (or intend on studying) full-time within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying (or intend on studying) at a University or Technicon in South Africa
- Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Metallurgy, Mining and Analytical Chemistry applicants:
- Completed Matric with a minimum overall average of 60%
- OR current first year students with a minimum overall average of 60%
- Mine Survey applicants:
- Current second year students with a minimum overall average of 60%
- Pharmacy and Medical Doctor applicants:
- Current second or third year students with a minimum overall average of 60%
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://lonmin.pnet.co.za/index.php
Select the “Job Search” button in the top menu bar to find the latest bursary listings.
Once you have found the bursary listing for your field of study, and have successfully registered an account, you will be able to Login and apply.
Please ensure that you have the following supporting documentation ready to upload to your online application:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Most recent tertiary exam results/ academic record/ transcript (on tertiary letterhead)
- Proof of tertiary registration (on tertiary letterhead)
- Curriculum Vitae
6 February 2018.
For any bursary related queries, please contact
Tel: 010 140 3099