Lonmin Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Established in May 1909 in the United Kingdom as Lonrho plc (London and Rhodesian Mining and Land Company Limited), today known as “Lonmin plc” and operating in South Africa. Lonmin is a British company that produces platinum group metals.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary scheme was initiated to try assist students in attaining mining/ mining-related qualifications at university level, and thereby increasing skills within the mining sector. Chosen applicants will be required to work for Lonmin after graduation, for an amount of time equal to that of the bursary awarded.
The bursary award will cover the following study related expenses: tuition fees, accommodation, prescribed books, meals, monthly allowance, Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and a personal computer within the second year of studies.
Students will also receive tutoring assistance and be able to partake in an 8 weeks vacation work each year.
The bursary is aimed at students who intend on studying in one of the following fields of study:
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Mining Engineering
Applicants must meet the following minimal qualifying criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric or currently in Matric
- Passed Mathematics in Matric
- Passed Science in Matric
- Achieved a minimum overall average of 60% (C-average) for past years of study
- Studying (or intend on studying) within one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying (or intend on studying) at a recognised tertiary institution in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: http://lonmin.pnet.co.za/?s=applicant_new
Please ensure that you have the following supporting documentation ready to upload to your online application:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy) or latest Matric results,
- Most recent tertiary exam results/ academic record/ transcript (on tertiary letterhead),
- Proof of tertiary acceptance (on tertiary letterhead).
For any bursary related queries, please contact
Petronel de Jager
Tel: 014 571 5700 / 010 140 3099