Keaton Energy Mining Bursaries South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Keaton Energy is a junior coal mining company in South Africa, whose flagship colliery produce coal for supply to Eskom, as well as metallurgical coal for supply to domestic industrial consumers.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded within the following fields of study:
The Keaton Mining Bursary scheme was implemented in order to help students achieve their dream of studying towards an Engineering qualification.
University of Technology students (National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma/ B Tech qualification):
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current & Light Current)
- Extraction Metallurgy
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mine Survey
- Mining Engineering
University students (degree):
- BSc Chemical Engineering
- BSc Electrical Engineering
- BSc Geology (undergraduate and honours)
- BSc Mechanical Engineering
- BSc Metallurgical Engineering
- BSc Mining Engineering
The bursary award will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, accommodation (or living-out allowance) and a personal allowance (for prescribed books, study materials and pocket money).
On completion of their studies, bursary recipients will be required to work for KEATON ENERGY (or their nominee) for an equal duration of time as their bursary award.
Please read the CONTRACTUAL OBLIGATIONS on the bursary application form before applying.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- University of Technology students:
- currently in Matric, OR
- completed Matric with a minimum of level 4 for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric OR HG D/ SG C for Mathematics and Physical Science in Matric
- in possession of a Medical Certificate of Fitness or fit enough to acquire one
- University students:
- currently in Matric, OR
- bachelors pass in Matric
- 21 years old or younger during your first year of study OR 23 years old or younger during your second year of study
- Studying (or intend on studying) full-time in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Studying (or accepted to study) at a recognised University or Institute of Technology in South Africa
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Keaton Mining Bursary Application Form (Technikon) (pdf), OR the Keaton Mining Bursary Application Form (University) (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Current Matric students: Grade 11 end-of-year results and Matric progress report/ latest results (certified copies)
- Students who have completed Matric: Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Proof of enrolement or acceptance to study at a University or Institute of Technology
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted to:
Group SLP Manager
Keaton Energy Holdings (Pty) Limited
Postnet Suite 464
Private Bag X51
30 June annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact:
Tel: 011 317 1700