Goldfields Ltd Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Gold Fields was founded by Cecil John Rhodes and Charles Rudd in South Africa in 1887. 111 years later, in 1998, Gold Fields merged with Gencor and Gold Fields Limited was born. Today, Gold Fields has 8 major mining operations cross 3 continents and is one of the global leader mining companies.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Gold Fields awards bursaries for students studying towards a bachelors degree or national diploma at a South African university or institute of technology. Gold Fields offers bursaries to students who show great potential and who they would like to become part of the company’s work force.
The bursary will be awarded to students studying/ intending on studying within the following fields:
- Chemical Engineering (BSc degree/ National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy & Light Current) (BSc degree/ National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Environmental Management (National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Extraction Metallurgy (National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Finance (BSc degree/ National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Geology Honours (BSc degree),
- Mechanical Engineering (BSc degree/ National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Metallurgical Engineering (BSc degree),
- Mining Engineering (BSc degree/ National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma),
- Mine Survey (National Diploma/ National Technical Diploma).
Please make sure that you meet the following minimum criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Provide academic record for Grade 11 & progress in Grade 12/ Grade 12 final academic record,
- Under 21 years old during first year of study (undergraduate/ underdiplomate/ first year students) or,
- Under 23 years old during second year of study,
- Currently studying or intending to study full-time towards a degree/ national qualification at a South African university/ institute of technology,
- University students: intend on studying full-time the following year,
- Technikon students: have a Medical Certificate of Fitness/ able to obtain one,
- Been accepted by the tertiary institution for study in the following year.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Goldfields Bursary Application Form (university students) (pdf) OR Goldfields Bursary Application Form (technikon students) (pdf).
Complete application forms and all supporting documentation must be posted to the address found on the application form (page 3).
30 June annually
For any bursary/ practical training related enquiries, please contact:
Tel: 011 752 1145
Fax: 011 752 1109 / 086 535 2378
Gold Fields Business and Leadership Academy (GFBLA)
Private Bag X11