Globeleq Scholarship South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP PROVIDER
Globeleq is a power company with international operation, in fact they are the power industry leaders within the emerging markets.
The firm develops energy projects in the United States of America and within Africa.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARSHIP
The Renewable Energy Scholarship Fund (RESF), launched in 2014, is managed by Globeleq South Africa Management Services. The Scholarship Fund is funded by De Aar Solar Power, Jeffreys Bay Wind Farm and Droogfontein Solar Power, all of which are independent power producers.
Globeleq Scholarships are available to students in the following fields of study:
- Electrical Engineering
- Electro-mechanical Engineering
- Technology (Bachelor degree/ National Diploma)
The scholarship will fund the following study expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, meals, accommodation, living expensesm, prescribed books and other study materials. The funding amount may vary according to the students needs and the scholarship budget.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview, which will take place in October 2017 (to be held at your tertiary institution or a venue nearby). The final selection will be conducted and students will receive feedback by January 2018.
Once students have completed the scholarship programme, they are required to take part in 12 months of service obligation.
The Renewable Energy Scholarship Fund is available at Universities who offer courses in the aforementioned fields, such as:
- University of Johannesburg
- Walter Sisulu University
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Vaal University of Technology
- Central University of Technology
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Mangosuthu University of Technology
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Currently studying in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Will be in second year of study (or higher) in 2018 (this excludes extended programmes or bridging courses)
- Interested in the field of renewable energy
- Good academic record
HOW TO APPLY
Applications must be done online at: https://form.myjotform.com/71501249033547
You will be required to upload copies of the following supporting documentation when applying:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic transcript to date (certified copy)
- Proof of registration/ course application
- Curriculum Vitae
15 August 2017
For any bursary queries, please contact: