CSIR Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) is the top scientific and research organisation in South Africa. It is also the biggest research and development organisation in the African continent.
CSIR are looking for candidates who dream of pursuing a career in research and technology development, who are bright and passionate about their future.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to full-time Undergraduate and Honours students, who are studying towards an academic degree (preferably Science or Engineering) at a recognised SA university (B Eng/ B Tech/ MSc/ BSc/ BSc Honours/ PhD).
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration costs, tuition fees, prescribed textbooks allowance, accommodation, meal allowance, laptop allowance and a living allowance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Currently in Matric or have completed Matric
- Currently unemployed
Current Matric students:
- Achieved a minimum of level 5 for English
- Achieved a minimum of level 6 for Mathematics
- Achieved a minimum of level 6 for Physical Science
- Plan to study full-time towards one of the aforementioned degrees at a recognised South African University
Current tertiary students
- Currently studying full-time towards one of the aforementioned degrees at a recognised South African University
- Passed all previous subjects for your qualification
HOW TO APPLY
Apply online at: https://bursary.csir.co.za/ OR https://www.csir.co.za/bursaries
Alternatively, contact Nokuthula Zama if you need further assistance
Tel: 012 841 3256
For any bursary queries, please contact:
CSIR Bursary Programme Support
Tel: 012 841 3256
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org