Council for Geoscience Bursary South Africa 2018 – 2019
ABOUT THE BURSAR
The Council for Geoscience (CGS) is the legal successor of the Geological Survey of South Africa. The legal successor of the Geological Survey of South Africa was founded in 1912 by a merger between 3 prior Surveys.
The Council for Geoscience (CGS) are inviting Matric and university students to apply for their bursary award.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
The bursary will cover the following fields of study:
- Economic Geology
- Engineering Geology
- GIS and Geology
- Remote sensing and Geology
The bursary will cover the following expenses: registration fees, tuition fees, textbooks, laptop allowance, accommodation, meals and research or excursions.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen,
- Currently in Matric and doing Physical Science and Mathematics OR completed Matric with minimum of level 6 for Physical Science and Mathematics,
- Registered/ accepted to study full-time at a recognised South African university ,
- Good academic record,
- If you are a PhD student you may also apply – PhD students will be co-funded.
*Preference will be given to female students with and students with disabilities.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Council for Geoscience Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy),
- Matric certificate (certified copy) if completed Matric,
- Latest academic record,
- Proof of registration at university.
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (with the title “Fulltime Bursaries”).
For any bursary queries, please contact The Council for Geoscience:
Tel: 012 841 1911