Canyon Coal Bursary South Africa 2017 – 2018
ABOUT THE BURSAR
Canyon Coal are a coal mining exploration company operating from Gauteng and Mpumalanga in South Africa. Canyon Coal are looking to provide funding to tertiary students who are studying towards a qualification suitable to the Mining Industry.
ABOUT THE BURSARY
Bursaries will be awarded to students within the Mining Industry, specifically the following field of study:
- Analytical Chemistry (Bsc)
- Geology (Bsc)
- Electrical Engineering (Bsc)
- Mechanical Engineering (Bsc)
- Mine Survey (BSc)
The bursary will cover the cost of tuition fees, accommodation and a prescribed book allowance.
Applicants must satisfy the following minimum entry criteria before applying:
- South African citizen
- Completed Matric
- Currently studying at a recognised tertiary institution in one of the aforementioned fields of study
- Achieved a minimum average of 65% in tertiary studies
- Proven financial need
*PS: Preference will be given to female students, as well as those with disabilities and those from the Delmas and Middelburg region.
HOW TO APPLY
Download and complete the Canyon Coal Bursary Application Form (pdf).
Alternatively, please request the latest application form by emailing Nomfundo Mkhwebani: email@example.com (with the words “Bursary Application” in the email subject line).
Please include the following items in your application pack:
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record (certified copy)
- Proof of registration at tertiary institution (on tertiary letterhead)
- Fee statement (on tertiary letterhead)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse ID documents (certified copies)
- Parents/ guardians/ spouse proof of income (please see page 9 of the application form for more details)
Complete application forms and supporting documentation must be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
30 October annually.
For any bursary queries, please contact Canyon Coal:
Tel: 011 786 7996